WHO WE ARE
Mentor, an LXL Ideas initiative, is a platform that facilities lifelong learning and professional development of educators through its verticals – Mentor Magazine, Mentor Portal, Mentor Research, Mentor Training, Mentor Conclave and Mentor Connect. Over the last 12 years, Mentor has carved a niche for itself and commands deep respect and authority in the educational space.
Mentor Magazine is a leading, monthly education publication that enables the exchange of ideas, best practices and experiences amongst school principals and educators across India and the Middle East. Through its articles on School Leadership, Governance, Pedagogy and Innovation, the magazine has established itself as a leading voice where educators come together to instate their position to improve the educational system.
YEARS OF PUBLICATION
- Unbiased experience sharing by educators for educators
- Enabling learning anytime anywhere
- Opportunities to create, curate and collaborate
- Bring parents and teachers into the circle of learning
- Trusted bank of innovative and consumable research in education
- Transforming educators to influencers
- Empowering educators to raise educational benchmarks
- Acknowledging and promoting innovation in education
- Enabling educators to stay ahead of the curve with varied resources
- Equipping parents and teachers with skills to understand children better
Syed Sultan Ahmed
Sultan is a 1st Gen social entrepreneur and winner of 6 President of India’s National Film Awards. A passionate educator, prolific speaker, film producer, exponent of film pedagogy, publisher and education blogger. A chemical engineer he also holds a Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship from MIT-Boston.
Sultan believes in living life to the fullest, his interests include long-distance rides on his Harley, exploring the world through his travels, horse riding and trying different cuisines.
As the Chief Operating Officer at LXL Ideas, and the Editor-in-Chief of Mentor Magazine, Kalpa enjoys working across cross-functional teams and bridging gaps between multiple business verticals by understanding their needs and working towards driving sales and engagement.
Her active involvement and contribution is in strategising and developing solutions and implementing them on ground. She holds a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication and is a passionate educator, keen traveller and a lifelong learner.
Farah Javid is a passionate content developer who firmly believes in bringing a difference to children’s lives by changing the face of education through creativity and invaluable life skills.
With an B.Sc in Human Development, Farah has been integral to Mentor’s visibility.
Farah also has outstanding culinary skills and is an ardent traveller, who loves exploring the many wonders of the world.
‘Best Publication in Education and Training Award’ – Indian Didactics Association Awards, 2013
‘Best Education Sector Magazine’ – Indian Education Awards, 2016
Mentor Conclave is a multinational platform for eminent educators, practitioners and researchers from across the globe to come together and share their experiences, knowledge, innovations and the latest trends in education. Having completed 5 editions so far, the conference continuously aims to raise relevant questions for delegates to work with to co-create quality education.
Additionally, Mentor Conclave encourages the submission of research papers and the most meaningful papers are featured in the Mentor Journal. The journal aims to set a benchmark among educational research publications. All full paper submissions to the conference are peer reviewed, refereed and evaluated based on technical merit, interest and applicability.
Questioning and Co-creating Education
- Transform the Way Educators Think
- Bridge the Gap between Teachers & Students
- Change the Parameters of Growth & Operations of the School
- Address Complex Issues with Collaboration
- Keep Pace with the Changing Times
Mentor Connect is a unique platform that brings together school leaders of the city to explore challenges that impact education, share best practices & stories, and to collaborate & network. The event is designed to empower participants with inputs, insights and learnings that can be implemented in a real-school setting.
THEMES SO FAR
- Teaching the Millennials
- School Leaders: The New-Age Change Makers
- Education & the Human Connect
- Challenge Existing Norms
- Share Ideas and Experiences
- Redefine Teaching & Learning Practices
- Reshape the Face of Education
- Develop Unconventional and Unique Perspectives